Board paper training
Mary Morel and Julie Shannon, provide in-house board paper training for organisations.
All our training is tailored based on your board papers and templates. Our most popular format is a half-day workshop, but we also offer other formats (9am-3pm or full day).
A workshop may cover topics such as:
Board and committee requirements
- Understand your audience’s requirements
- Board and committee paper processes
- Qualities of effective board and committee papers (clear, concise, complete etc.)
- Managing the blur between governance and operations
Templates and styles
- How to use your template/s well
- How to write clear recommendations and succinct summaries
Write for your audiences
- Think first – why are you communicating to the board/committee and what are your key messages?
- Structure your paper well – get to the point, provide the right amount of contextual information, group your information and delete unnecessary detail
- Write well – brush up your writing skills
Be a visual writer
- Writing for iPads and tablets (if appropriate)
Use graphs and tables well
- Integrate graphs and tables with your text
- Provide commentary, not data dumps
Reviewing and proofreading skills
- Review papers for meaning and readability
- Proofread for a professional polish
Our clients include ASX-listed companies, government organisations and not-for-profit organisations.