Reducing the length of your board pack
Shorter board packs for better governance
Size is just a symptom of a board pack that has become unwieldy and difficult to read. Some writers think that by providing everything there is to know about a topic, they are covering themselves. The problem is that key messages can get lost in the detail and then directors are not well-informed. They fail to meet their due diligence obligations.
Mary Morel uses the following process to help reduce the size of your board pack:
- Meets with you to discuss your concerns about the board pack
- Reviews the board pack and writes a report on how to tighten the pack from a writing perspective
- Meets with the senior executive team to provide feedback on the report
- Works with each senior executive to assess how they can improve their board reports
- Provides follow-up advice
When you reduce the length of a board pack in a considered way, you improve its clarity, readability and transparency. The end result is better governance.
Email Mary or ring her on +61 2 9365 7711 to find out more information and get a quote.