Board-paper services for better board reporting
Mary Morel provides a wide range of services for corporations, government departments and nonprofit organisations.
Working with teams
I can work with your team over a period of time (e.g. four months) to make a real and lasting difference to your executive, committee and board papers.
The program would be tailored to suit your team’s writing needs, but could include:
- A short session (1.5 hours) on writing skills
- Planning meetings to discuss upcoming writing requirements and key messaging
- Reviewing meetings to discuss drafts and look at writing techniques to improve them
- Reviewing – I work with individuals in the team to improve their reports or papers
- Editing – I edit all documents and train the team to pay attention to details and use consistent styles
The results: quality board papers, better-informed readers and more highly skilled writers.
And all achieved in less time than before.
Board pack reviews
A review of your board pack from a writing perspective identifies writing strengths and areas for improvements. It also serves as a benchmark to monitor and measure progress.
A quick review six months later can clearly show the progress that’s been made and what areas still need attention.
Too many templates are old-fashioned and difficult to use. With such templates, many writers do their own thing, destroying one of the advantages of a template: which is consistency.
A simple modern template encourages writer to structure their writing well and make it visually appealing. When a new template is introduced, writers need guidelines and training on how to use it effectively.
Short training sessions
Board-paper principles can be taught over Zoom or another video-conferencing platform (1.5–2 hours).
I work with individuals for six-to- eight weeks to improve their writing skills.
Call me on +61 400 686 600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to see how I can help you or your organisation.